Wednesday, October 06, 2004

...conveniently complacent...

he said "i've got the time, if you don't mind"
to close your eyes and be robbed blind
i'm in a bind, you'd be so kind
his words were sweet and silver-lined
i said fine... how could i decline?


The topic was witchcraft. On the surface anyway - in reality it was about feminism. The sexist connotations of the word "witch". Said Martha: "I guess calling someone a witch in a way is an admission that you are terrified of her and her mysterious powers." She was talking about men, men calling women witches; that was the context.

I replied, completely without purpose or any relevance, that in the past year I called only one woman a witch. My own context. And yet, what Martha said had complete resonance on that score as well, it would seem. Was I afraid of her, what she represented? Sure - because she represented a loss. You know how I am, I want to win. I still do, I mean isn't that why I told Meliss to hit her first and fast with her trusty aluminum bat?

I don't know what he takes me for
But he's had me, and he'll take me more
He said that's what sweet flesh is for...


It occurs to me that maybe you do not know exactly what to make of me. I want to be surface-clear and understood. By "understood", I mean "humoured". No, not humoured exactly. I want to get what I want, but not so that I can get what I want, rather because it could be what you want too. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. That too is completely possible (read: probable). Am I making any sense at all here?

Yeah didn't think so.

There's a chance I have to do a French presentation at 10am tomorrow morning. I haven't started it yet, truthfully I haven't even opened the article. And because I just started talking to Cheryl, and because I am hungry, I don't think that I will tonight, thank you. It will have to inconvenience me another day.