Monday, October 04, 2004

...breaking all the rules I didn't make...

Do you ever wonder if there are certain things that fate has ordained will not work for you, no matter what you do?

I kind of get that feeling. I have an idea that I am not meant to be techno-equipped with the facility that others seem to have. The essence of wired is going to elude me it seems. Who knows why? The powers that be have their own plans, and my hook-ups to the net seem to not play any part in them.

The only other explanation is that it is the university bookstore which eludes me - no product or service I commission from them will come easily. Maybe it's because I yelled at them that time. They could be peculiar that way.

Let's talk about my ibook. Let's talk about how it wouldn't connect to any network all weekend, how I spent an hour with Geoff the technician at the internet help desk at the big R - only to have him run a systems check and realize it was a problem with the hardware. Let's talk about how he sent me back to the store, to tell them that the computer I bought from them three days ago had problems.

Let's then talk about how the miscreant technician who was going to do the repairs wanted to charge me $75/hour labour + the cost for parts to replace hardware that was defective upon my receiving it. Let's talk about how that was vetoed quite quickly and I made it clear to him exactly why I was going to pay nothing, and how I would have my computer returned to me in perfect condition tomorrow morning. Yeah, That's right. It's like this.

you wouldn't let me say the words I long to say
you didn't want to see life through my eyes
you tried to shut me back inside your narrow room
and silent me with bitterness and lies.

did I say something wrong?...
did I have a point of view?...
oops - i didn't know I couldn't speak my mind.

and I'm not sorry, it's human nature...

I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me


What's U of T's stance on dating TA's? What if you met before you found out they were your TA? What if they are a TA for your course, but not your particular TA?

I'm having a telepathic love affair with Madonna. By which I mean, I have played her songs again and again for the past hour and a half. God bless Martha and her clutch download skills.