Monday, October 04, 2004

...the suspect made a smooth and silent getaway...

I hate laptop cursors. i wasn't originally going to say that, except that because of this damn cursor, I lost the post I originally wrote. Which was just an eloquent way of telling you that I am currently without internet connection and will be blogging less actively until my no-good landlord decides to make an appearance to fix it. He may be a cute Persian grad student, but like all Persian men (at least the ones of my acquaintance) is generally useless.

Rachel was a tough cookie at work - an ex-guy of her life came into the restaurant where she works and she was charming, polite, gorgeous and by thus actions managed to make him so uncomfortable he left. I on the other hand am no such tough cookie. Upon exiting a music store on Bay street, I saw an ex-guy of *my* life and turned promptly upon my heel and went right back into the store.

Tales from my productive weekend: I applied for three jobs. The one I hope to get, which I actually have no chance at right now because they are only hiring full time, starts at $19/hour. BUT the manager loved me, and is keeping me in mind for fulltime work over the summer and the month between semesters, and is considering hiring two part-times (one of which will be me). So, fingers crossed.

Other tales: Pretty candles bought today have beautified the inner sanctum. Want to see? So easy, the way.

they can never take away your truth
but the question is
can you handle mine?

they say I'm crazy
but I really don't care
that's my prerogative...