Wednesday, September 29, 2004

...no mercy for swine...

we're the couple in the corner
tying up our tongues
to the percolating rhythm
of the big bass drums

I don't know what I would do if I took you seriously. Confused and unsettled, I'd probably cry for days because I wouldn't understand. There is no fallacy to my logic where you are concerned. I have to wonder if you knew what you were doing, what you were saying - because it created such a subtle but apparent a change in context that ignorance seems absolutely improbable. The problem then is this: if you aren't ignorant, you are cruel. There is no in between.

there is a reason strong moves slow

Imaginus poster sale in Sid Smith, and a gorgeous black and white of James Dean. Brought me back to a dark room, high up, a touch on the inside of my arm. Trying to get it out of my head that I'm not the only one.

"I want to know you in five years. I think you would be an incredible woman". I want to know *you* in five years. I want to know you now; I could if you let me.

I gauge my moods by the number of cups of coffee I consume in a day. My temperament is directly proportional to the amount of caffeine in my system at any given moment. Almost four in the afternoon, I am ready to move on to my third of the day. I'm paralyzed by polarity - desiring everything, accomplishing nothing. There is no in between.