Sunday, September 26, 2004

...that was an irreverent video...

I saw my husband today, and clearly I love him. We took pictures of him and the yellow shirt. Ironically, he smiled and half-mouthed-spoke to Elly, who of the three of us (being me, Farnam, and herself), does not even like him and was bored through the taping of the show. Oh Jian, you dear boy.

Spent the day at Word on the Street, and at Burwash. Did my law readings, and bioethics. Wrote one paper. Am now excited to be holding in my hand Jonathan Strange which shall be started tonight and promptly devoured, despite the French writing assignment I need to have done by Tuesday. Clearly, this is a much higher priority.

There's a joint grad degree program I want to do at Columbia and Princeton (Law and Masters in International Affairs). What this means is that I will have no fun for the next three years as I am driven to maintain a 4.0, get Power in Diversity up and running, keep working at FTC and another project which is still being done and is being neglected more than I like. This is all so that I can go another four years after that, again with no fun. But we're excited, it's good. This is actually the first time since I entered university that I've felt motivated and had an end in sight, a tangible goal.

Yay me!