Sunday, September 26, 2004

...blog as message board...

Sometimes we ignore things that are too obvious. There is a silver lining on the cloud hanging over you. Act decisively on something that seems too good to be true.

To tell you the truth I'm not seeing anything obvious. I am definately not seeing something "too good to be true". Don't know why I got down again tonight. Which is a complete and utter lie, because I know exactly why. The point is though that I pulled another escape act tonight, and took a breather. Had early dinner with the parents, and on the way back downtown decided it wasn't where I wanted to be. The price of tickets out of Toronto is starting to catch up with me. Further, it always seems somewhat of a waste when I just have to go back the next day for school, or responsability, or life. All three are burdens and my shoulders are starting to buckle.

To the roommates - I'll be back tomorrow if I feel like class should be done. There is only one anyway tomorrow, and not a crucial one at that. If not, maybe I'll come back on Tuesday. That way I'll feel like I at least got some mileage out of my ticket, if that phrase makes any sense at all. I didn't even take clothes with me and so I'm sitting in a room that's a bigger mess than mine, on a computer which is head over heels better than mine, wearing a Trent rowing shirt that is not mine and that goes almost to my knees, and ridiculously comfortable boxers that I am not giving back. Ever. They are now mine.

Je lis rien dans tes yeux
Mais je ferme pas le livre
Tu restes mon miroir
Pour des soirs
Qui font mal...

Probably wasn't the best call, but now that I'm here I'm at least going to go drink. These Trent athletes are a funny bunch. Don't they realise they have class tomorrow? I guess they don't care very much either.

I'm running out of people on whose doorsteps I can just show up unannounced lol. I need to get on that. More like, I need to find a new city/country/life on whose doorstep I can just show up unannounced.

Remember that song by that New York DJ? What's her face?

Have you ever been close to
Feeling like leaving the coast too?

PS: Started Jonathan Strange on the bus and it's addictive, as I knew it would be. You all must read. The 800 and change pages are a little intimidating, but good god. I'm a good chunk of the way in now and rearing to finish. I want to rush through to the end and learn all the secrets then breathe a sigh of relief.

PPS: I love how my last post was all about the new me and wanting to go to an Ivy grad school, and now I'm running away and thinking of blowing off school. I feel like there are two me's - the ambitious one and the self-destructive. It's like a battle between them, you should all place bets. Exciting. Like dog racing.