Tuesday, September 28, 2004

...the great deceptions comfort in the end...

My head hurts. To guide me in my French writing assignment (merits or lack thereof of vegetarianism) my roommates and I got into it last night. The two vegetarians + the one who isn't but insisted eating meat was wrong, versus me. At times versus Janet + Daniel as well, but mostly versus me.

The thing is though, the argument kept verging from the main essential point, the only essential point in this particular debate: am I entitled to eat meat? We drifted, logic became an ignorant memory, conclusions followed from faulty premises, conclusions didn't follow from faulty premises - it was a mess.

The conclusion (as dictated by me): Yes, I am entitled to eat meat. And will choose to do so. Tonight, in fact, when I make a steak sandwich for dinner.