Saturday, December 18, 2004

...allegretto...

After a day with my parents, and already a headache. Shajarian and Sima Bina in the car on full volume, my dads fingertips dancing on the steering wheel. These were the sounds and sights of my long-avoided childhood, and as we drove I was nervous because you know on these days it's the music and not the safe driving that is his priority.

So here we have the first couple of days of my winter holiday. It promises to be busy and bright. It also promises to be easy, simply because I will not let it be anything else. There will be no hard decisions, which implies that there will be no temptations. Any such that I am faced with will be sent right back because I am not in the mood.

Other things I am not in the mood for:
- going to the tailor to hem my pants
- writing the goddamn PID constitution, two months late
- Luca if he happens to be in a bad mood
- an hour in a car with nine people (for this is how the Persians do it)

Something I am in the mood for? Chocolate-raspberry tartuffo. Sssh...