Tuesday, December 14, 2004

...i am the book man (a reference book?)...

I had a sappy Christmas spirit type post, incorporating the sight of softly falling snow and twinkling stars, hershey's kisses and cheery smiles, a manager who tells you "great job yesterday", and how you have to let the holiday spirit in and all that bullshit we all want to feel but hardly ever do. Then I got home and found an email, and then I was like a balloon when the air has just been let out of it. Deflated, like that. But not so bad, because I'm smart enough to not have had it that full to begin with.

I love it when I'm equated to an inanimate object. Because that's exactly the kind of "you're using me" email it was. By which I mean you're using me.

The only thing making me feel just a little bit better is "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Sarah McLachlan and the Barenaked Ladies.