Saturday, December 11, 2004

...je veux etre la tour...

At this point I am so tired and sick and braindead that the only legal point I have become fixated on is stare decisis and the fact that I can't seem to remember what it means. So, in my current condition, ask me how I am supposed to differentiate the opposing statements of Justices O'Connor and Scalia from Lawrence v. Texas, then morally rationalize one. Or correctly answer any of the other long-winded questions that are likely to appear on my exam in 5 days.

The seeds of my current discontent:
i) Working long hours, the only thing about it that disturbs me is the feeling that once I go to work I cease to exist in the world. Talking to a friend about wanting to do something yesterday, come home today to find that they all have done it without me. Wondering if the world can open up and swallow me now, because then at least I will have a legitimate reason for having ceased to matter.

ii) My best girl isn't talking to me. This could be a case of exam woe and over-burden, but I'm not used to going two weeks without contact. Hell I'm not used to going a few days without contact and not having one of us call to see if the other is alive. I have made three such calls in the past week and a half to no avail. And I am still enough of the life reject + book nerd from elementary school to wonder "is it something I did?" I hate that feeling. It's like social paralysis with a pinch of nausea.

iii) Christian enlisted in the US something-or-other-to-do-with-military. Fucking turd, I hate him (which is a lie - I love him, as we know but we don't him a) hurt, or b) fighting for the wrong cause)

iv) What for two days was a sexy voice a la Phoebe on Friends when she got sick and got a phlegmy, sultry voice has turned into a gaspy staticy excuse for vocal sounds that can't get a sentence through without coughing up a past life.