Monday, December 13, 2004

...Janet modified: what you've said I have (not) heard before...

"So if I asked you to run away with me to New York right now, would you do it?" he asks, without preamble. "Sure, I love New York". "You're missing the point... what if it was another city? Omaha, Nebraska? To run away with me, would you do it?" Heart skipping a beat, "Absolutely, always". "Always? I like the sound of that, confidence of undying love, you know".

Later.

"When's the next available day and night you have?" I think for a second, "I think the only night I'm not working next is the 20th" "Too far away - what are you doing tomorrow night?" "This week is horrible, law exam on Thursday I'll be cramming day and night". "When is your exam done on Thursday?" he asks. I reply around 9, to which he says "Okay, don't make plans. I mean, finding airplane tickets to New York on such short notice will be tough, but I'll do it, just for you".

He was joking about the tickets, incidentally. But not about the Thursday.

And just like that, our heroine is (dare I say it) - dating. Good call on wearing the hair down, pat on back. Do you know that thrill when someone you have liked for over a month, this incredible genuine funny cultured guy who wouldn't know a head game or an ego trip if they teamed up and bit him on the nose, likes you too? And you're not sure exactly why, but you're thrilling nonetheless, (edit) despite an accompanying fear that you will disappoint?