Wednesday, December 15, 2004

...king forever, ceasing never...

Thinking ahead, the reason I haven't studied at all tonight
Law or teaching?

In the works - a new project, an old passion
Increasing the opportunity for children's literacy in financially strapped Toronto public schools, donation program for books in schools. Inspired by the wonderful third graders I met at Regent Park/Duke of York Public School (I hope to be your teacher's aide next fall).

Paralysing fear
I don't want to disappoint:
- Heather and Ryan, who currently have faith in my abilities: I will not let you down
- the boy, for obvious reasons
- my family, stands to reason

Heavy sigh, and wishing better
Disappointed in:
- a boy who could be so many wonderful things, and just fell short
- the man who stole $5 from a busker this morning at the subway station and ran
- the mother who bought her kids the fourth Harry Potter and the first Gossip Girls on audio book because she didn't want her girls "bored by books, you know how they are"
- myself, for not telling her how ridiculous she was for fear of losing a $140 sale - I say I have bones to pick with capitalism, but I live it everyday in apathetic disregard