Saturday, June 17, 2006

...the sissy duckling...

Had a bit of a disaster. Dressed to the nines, bent down on my knees to grab my shoes from the back of the closet, felt something in my right thigh stretch then collapse, and I fell over onto my side, like those guys when they get kicked in the junk. Stayed on the ground for 20 minutes waiting for my mom to realise I never came back upstairs after I told her I was going out and could I have a ride? Finally sucked it up and used my arms to pull myself up, and shuffled up the stairs where I opened the door to my dad's office (dramatic dramatic) and promptly burst into tears.

The panicked aftermath of my family seeing me in tears took up another 20 minutes, followed by a call to my cousin doctor (not home) then telehealth ontario. After logistics covered (no ER, see a doctor within 24 hours) I realized I was supposed to meet Iman 21 minutes ago, was to be at Melissa's party 8 minutes from now, reached Melissa but Iman's cell phone is off, and this is where our story ends. With me and my ice pack still on the floor because I can't be upright, but perversely cannot be on a chair either. The state of having my knee bent, while in a chair, is doing something painful to my leg.

And I'm still dressed to the nines. Although my make-up has been cried off. Such a wimp.