Thursday, June 08, 2006

...for draft purposes...

Things are click- click- clicking and I am realizing things. That is the first thing. The second thing was this: how incredible, how things happen sometimes!

The train to Montreal was random - as I was settling in my seat, I saw a familiar mop of brown hair approaching. It was a Shilan! He sat across the aisle from me, and I convinced the man next to me to switch seats with him so we could catch up. We went through the past three years in a nutshell and moved on to everything from politics, Marx, the "real" Marxist (aka Trotsky), philosophy, relationships, high school, Grosman, and back to relationships (because there was a lot of ground to cover there). We talked the entire trip, 5 hours and it was wonderful. Three quarters into the trip I saw a familiar cool bohemian lady walk by on the way to the washroom, recognized her as Swig's mom Jane. I immediately thought how amazing it would be if Swig and her mom were going to Montreal for the weekend to see her brothers, and we were on the same car. So I called her. She wasn't on the train, just her mother was - but I went over to say hi, and that was lovely too. More randomness.

I'm absolutely exhausted right now. I would stay on more, but I slept 4 hours last night and chatted through my designated nap time on the train. So these are the messages I will leave for people:

i) Sheida, I'm here - call me. St. Laurent/Rachel is where I am staying.
ii) Farnam - what? 11:30 what? I couldn't make your message out.
iii) P. - yeah, I'm a nerd. An adorable nerd, but a nerd nonetheless. I google words to make sense of them, and then they give funny answers.