Saturday, June 03, 2006

...in the black...

On a field-trip to the used book store yesterday to scout out some out of prints I need to finish my honours paper - a lady is standing by the counter trying to remember the name of the Pulitzer Winner from some random year a couple decades ago. The man at the counter doesn't know, and doesn't have a computer on which to look it up. He suggests that she run across the street to [insert corporate bookstore name here], look it up on their computers, then run back and he'll try to find it for her used.

I pipe in at this point - "As an employee of [said corporate bookstore] I resent that". "And yet, here you are slumming in the used books with the rest of us", she says. "Hey, kettle!".

Bahahahahah. It's true. And I laughed with her. But inside, I still glared.