Friday, May 26, 2006

...when's that voice going to drop...

Things to think about:

i) This morning a random self-help author/motivational speaker I met a couple times in the store ran into me on my way to breakfast in the annexe. Chatted for a few, and out of nowhere he asks me to give him a call this week if I'd be willing to help ghostwrite his new book. So random - but needs consideration. It would involve taking the year off school, and that's a big decision to make. It reminded me of when Me 2 We was being written, and Deepa was helping write that. I want to email her and see what she thought of the experience, and how much she was paid; get some insight.

ii) The graffiti research might be published - if that comes through, that's another big chunk of time that will be needed to polish off the writing and include all the data, and not just the minimum sampling that sufficed for in-class submission.

iii) My first instinct on hearing what I did this morning was a happy perk: "reeeeaaaaallly" said the voice in my head. Not a reaction that would make Rachel comfortable, or any of my friends really. I have to start doing better things, thinking better thoughts. This is not a good idea. This would actually take self-destructive hedonistic pursuits to a whole new planet, one that has no sanity or happy ending. Well. Actually it would probably have a pretty happy ending, at least for a little while.

iv) Claire is thinking she might not be able to afford the East Coast this summer because of going to France next month, but I still really want to go. I need the break, and the quiet, and the seeing other parts of Canada. Wondering if I should go on my own - I would love that. I love travelling on my own. Should ask Steph - she did that, last summer.