Tuesday, May 30, 2006

...the annotated foucault...

For Javod, who doesn't deserve it because he left me for a perky blonde, footnotes and explanations as promised.

"One minute, there's a famine; the next, there's a feast. It's a recurring pattern in your life. This period of difficulties will soon end. Give it just a little more time and then evidence of the coming good times will start to emerge."

That definately seems to be the pattern of the week, right on Phil1. It looks like I'm being offered a full-time babysitting stint for two incredible kids over July/August. We are going to try and finalize it on Thursday and if that works out, I will have to juggle my work shifts to weekends and closes. This has the potential to be a really fun, relaxing and creative job for the summer. Which is fantastic because I have been really frustrated and stressed the last few weeks - I would enjoy the change in pace.

School is finished in four weeks - I am going to miss these kids something fierce. Some of the first graders are going to be in the 1/2 split next year with the same teacher I have been working with, so I will have another year with them. I am celebrating the end of the year with a huge purchase from Scholastic; part building my own future library, part nostalgia. Either way, taking advantage of the incredible prices Scholastic offers people in the school market.

Two weeks to the British Invasion2 and I cannot wait. Between the Montreal weekend3, hanging with Steph, company softball tournament and daytripping to Niagara Falls the next couple of weeks look good. Really really good.



1. Phil Booth, astrologer for The Toronto Star, and indirect maker of all my decisions
2. The return of one Miss Stephanie from England to Toronto for a week of drinking and debauchery.
3. June 8-10 I am heading to Montreal officially to see my brother, unofficially to see everything else; Sheida you better be ready for me. I am going to be in Montreal and I expect to see you. I'm only there Friday/Saturday so hopefully we can grab lunch or something, or go out for drinks.