Wednesday, May 31, 2006

...grishkin has a maisonette...

Today I played moral support, accompanying Rachel to get a haircut. The stylist was a disaster, the cut... well I said "it could be worse", but honestly, I haven't seen much worse. She was flipping out afterwards, and rightfully so. It was no Jimmy Phuong that's for sure - I made her go back finally and tell the girl she was disatisfied, make her fix it, if she could. She couldn't really, she had gone much too short for that. She did improve it somewhat, but this just has to be grown out again, plain and simple. I am in the process now of assembling for her a care package: clips, barettes, bandanas, hairbands - to tide her over for the next three weeks. Note to self: Tonic in Fairview Mall, places you do not want to go.

In the midst of all this, I did some little shopping. Not too much, nothing excessive. A black skirt for work, which I think I may don tomorrow; and two tube tops from American Eagle. Tube tops and linen skirts are what you most often find me in during the summer. Also linen or cotton sundresses. That's about as close as one can get to being naked, and in the humid, muggy summers we have here, that's how you want to be.

Haircuts are so panic inducing. I have been putting mine off for weeks because I am not sure how short I want to go. I *want* to go short, I have this inexplicable desire to go short but last year I went mid-length short and ended up in tears afterwards. What to do? But really, what if I did cut all my hair off? Pixie-like? The stylist at Sudi's who does my eyebrows said short would suit me, that I have strong facial features but I am not so sure. I have a feeling I would just look like a boy. You know what I need? One of those computer programs where you put your photo in and you play around with different styles. Yeah, I could totally go for that.