Sunday, June 11, 2006

...way to be...

Iran may have choked in the WC today, but my store's resident Iranian contributed to an undisputed victory in every game this afternoon and redeemed the nation somewhat. Today was so wonderful - outside all day playing in the company baseball tournament (in which we won, undefeated champions). It wasn't even about the winning (but we did win, undefeated, champions), but about how great it was to have everyone from different stores around each other playing, having a good time. There were hot dogs, and balloon animals, and carnival games! I kicked Samdo's butt going through an obstacle race in a bouncy castle. This is one of those times where being short was a plus - I could slide under, climb through, and leap over things much easier than her tall self.

We played hard, lots of fun - R had bought old school "Big League Chews" and sunflower seeds; and I even hit the ball a few times before being knocked out halfway through the tourney with a pulled muscle. I'm not very good, BUT I am enthusiastic and in a setting like this what matters is just "being" and going for it, not winning (though we did win every game, a few of them sweeps).

I don't care what you say - it's not a corporation, it's a community. I mean. It's both. But it's definately a community. Connections like that = the answer to everything.