Thursday, June 15, 2006

...not a saint...

Four weeks until I visit Cody - I so need a few days with a sane person who is completely without drama. I'm getting tired of people. They keep coming at me, when I want them to roll off. I don't need a life story. I just want to do my thing, and you do your thing, and sometimes they'll mesh but really there is no reason why they should. Somehow in the space of a few weeks I went from that happy chick in the store to that happy chick in the store (who is secretly annoyed with everyone). And the "secretly" is just a very skimpy veil. I don't think I'm fooling anyone, anyone who pays attention that is.

Speaking of paying attention: looks like some people are paying attention after all. But completely to the wrong thing, and completely with the wrong interpretation. I am reminded of that joke about new doctors, where they hear hoofbeats and think zebra, not horse? Well. It's a fucking horse! Give me some credit. Please.

I don't want you to think everything about my day was bad though - it actually wasn't half bad at all.

i) cash training - I figured, after almost two years it was about time. And this time I didn't even wait for them to come after me, I requested it (read: initiative). Did it, it wasn't scary, though my hands shook the whole time, and I wasn't half bad. Only one mistake in two hours. AND I came up with a catchphrase, my very first day. See the policy is you lock your till whenever you step away from it, and whenever there aren't any customers you walk away from it to do some tasking. At the point where we had no customers, I turned to Lisa and said "Ok Lise, let's lock and roll". Get it? 'Cuz "rock and roll"? Oh forget it.

ii) Shakira hair - that's right, I had it. I don't know what happened actually. But somehow I woke up with Hot Hair, and upon seeing it Caro forbid me ever to straighten it again. Well dear, if it was always this gorgeous there would be no problem. Unfortunately it happens once in a blue moon (oooh or full moon, there was one this week) - the rest of the time, it is in a messy bun or messier something else.

iii) Seeing the crush - Retardedly brief, and not even a little sufficient but I ran into him on my way home and we had a conversation. By which I mean, this is how it went:

Me: Hey!
Him: Hey, you heading home? Have a good night.
Me: You too! When are you done your work?
Him: About an hour or so to go.
Me: Oh. Okay... well um. Bye.
Him: Bye

But I mean. It's something right? Quel desastre.