Sunday, June 18, 2006

...running on full...

Trying to convince a Washingtonienne to come for a visit - the girl is one of my closest family friends in the world, a younger sister I love to death. She lost her father last year to cancer, and I lost one of the funniest, brightest, most talented and caring people in my world. Today, father's day, and all the days leading up to it have been very difficult for her, and she was the first thing on my mind this morning. So I told her to take a break, take a load off and come to Toronto for a little while, where we will run in sprinklers, and shop, and go on rollercoasters and have an essentially fantastic time. I hope she takes me up on it please.

I'm so bored today, I can't even describe. I read a book and a half, napped for two hours, and just sat. And continue to sit. My doctor took a look at the leg this morning and it's not in such a good shape. The bruising and swelling had me convinced of that before I even went in, but still. I didn't even do anything! Not yesterday anyway. It was sore post-baseball but I wasn't having any trouble doing anything. Such a ridiculous mis-movement last night that just finished it, and now I'm down for the count. By which I mean, a couple days because I can't handle any more than that. I'm not so much a stay inside and do nothing kind of person. It doesn't really work for me.

Le sigh.

Why isn't anyone calling me today? I have no end of missed calls when I'm working; the one day I'm not, no one is around. I demand entertainment. Or something.