Friday, November 26, 2004

...you follow me down with the sun in your eyes...

Should I take the sound of silence as an indication that I should have stayed silent? I won't apologize for having been honest, telling you what you already knew, anyway. My emotions are transparent, open to the world. Love it or hate it, it's how I am.

I am convinced that Keane did a cover of David Bowie's Ashes to Ashes - whoever can discover this for me gets a very special prize. It could possibly be someone other than Keane, but whoever it is has the same adult-contemp soft pop sound as Keane, and when they sing "I'm happy, hope you're happy too" it will make you melt. If it doesn't, there is something wrong with you.

Last night, writing my religion paper around 2am and I get a message from someone not on my contact list. "Go to bed" he says "why are you still up"? My first instinct is to question why he's messaging me at all, when I realize that even though I deleted him, I didn't block him and I am still on his list. My second instinct is to toss back "why do you care? You go to bed". But I didn't, I was civil I think. But apres-ca, I was distracted and the paper didn't happen after all. And this minute conversation led to a very disturbing dream which scared me when I woke, because my dream-reaction was probably how my real-reaction would ever be. And my dream-reaction saw me running away, away.

Today in the kids department -- I hope Morgan is feeling better and is at work, because we close together on Fridays and it makes me happy because I love him. My little teddy bear, this one. Came to visit me in Fiction last week when I was covering Sara, just to give me a hug because he missed me. You may all proceed to say awwwwww.

Tonight is the boy's opening night - we wish him luck, and a broken leg. We also wish to see him tonight, post-work. If any of the powers that be would like to conspire together and make it happen please?

Thank you.