Wednesday, November 24, 2004

...shut my eyes, can't fight the breaks...

Saw Jem on the street, almost made him crash his bike. Loves it. Why doesn't he just talk to me, I don't understand, instead of just following me with large eyes. Maybe I'll talk to him today, for once. Maybe I'll just go to class looking hot and talk to everyone in his line of vision... but not him. Because I'm mean that way. I should be shot.

Update: The boy loves Hafez. I'm sorry, but how many Italians do you know who know Persian poetry? As if I needed any more reasons to melt over him, he keeps a translation of one of the most beautiful of Hafez's verses in his wallet. I had a dream last night that he is superwonderfulamazing and knows it, and shook his head pityingly in my direction. Then found himself a hot Italian lover, male or female. Just any lover who isn't me. I'm done for, it's over for me. What, exactly, am I meant to do? I haven't wanted a guy to like me so bad in 8 months - that is a lot of stress. So I need to not think about this. I am going to think about creation vs. evolution, and about the rights to self-determination of life. I might also consider thinking about writing the new PiD constitution, but then again I might not think about that one just yet.

Do you know what else is a lot of stress? My on-the-horizon French test, which my prof decided would be a creative essay about a love affair between a man and a mannequin, in which we would have to incorporate as many as possible (no actual number given) of 63 "creative" sentences, like: "Son comportement etait-il aussi singulier que sa mise et son anatomie", "en passant en autobus devant la cour" and "Les grandes villes seules peuvent presenter a la spiritualite phenomenologique".

Have I mentioned that my teacher is slighty mentally unbalanced? Well, now you know.

Here - from Solmaz's site, even though she's behind the times (Sex and the City ended last year - *smile*)






You Are Most Like Charlotte!


You are the ultimate romantic idealist

You've been hurt before, but that hasn't caused you to give up on love.

If anything, your resolve to fall in love is stronger than ever.

And it's this feminine optimism that men find most appealing about you.



Romantic prediction: That guy you are seeing (or crushing on)?

Could be very serious - if you play your cards right!




Which Sex and the City Vixen Are You Most Like?
Take This Quiz Right Now!



Find the Love of Your Life
(and More Love Quizzes) at Your New Romance.