Monday, November 22, 2004

...damn that cat...

Alright Javod, this one is for you. Asad and myself have just spent fully the last 40 minutes trying to discern where you live. Don't ask us why we did this, we don't know ourselves. But among the many theories that were spun, you were alternately a surfer in California, a student in Oklahoma or doing something or other in Texas? Explain yourself, this instant please. Or, as Asad says, he will appoint himself the PI that goes digging through your trash.

We both must have been procrastinating heavy things, like anthropology for me, because this occupied us for some times. And the savvy internet detectives that we are, we couldn't figure out.

But that is still nothing to the difficulty in placing the frustratingly anonymous Webgard, who I personally am very curious about. All we know is he is in NYC. But so is half the free world, so that leaves us pretty much at the beginning. My interest in Webgard (should he read this) is purely professionally - I won't even be diplomatic about it, but say flat out that he is and always has been my favorite of the net writers. I think he writes incredibly and is very smart, and it is a shame he doesn't write more.

I'm going back to my essay. Asad isn't, for he has a more arduous task ahead of him. And that is to find me a nickname. Oui?