Saturday, September 11, 2004

...steppin' thru...

Things said while under the influence should be... ignored.

I am sure there are rules about going to parties of your exes. As in, don't do it. As in, I don't care how many of your friends were here, don't do it.

The thing is, the "I'm a changed man" declaration was obviously false. I cite the example of a loud drunk sprawled on the floor of the upstairs kitchen, yelling "poon baby poon". 50 years later in a trailor park in small town Ontario, I'm sure this will be the common refrain, shouted over guzzling beers.

I mean, come on. It's not we've known ourselves that long.

If I was really brave, I would say it all. Without hiding behind circumstantial excuses. This is going to take some time and possible some alcohol. But there's a very fine line between courage and impaired, and I don't know if I have learned where to draw that yet.

The balcony Life is a fire hazard.