Friday, September 10, 2004

...leaning into the afternoon...

I think sometimes there must be something stronger than "coincidence" to account for these days. This is the kind of day I would take as evidence of a higher being. A higher being that likes to play jokes on me.

I want to be simple and easy. I mean life, I want life to be simple and easy. Three emails, three separate people/problems/stories. Too many variables for my world.

One is complicated.
One stings and makes me wince.
One breathes of double standards, boy's play, hearsay.

Confused? Yeah, me too.

But in what is apparently "good" news - it appears that I was gotten over. I am smiling, can't you tell?

You all deserve a prompt reply. You will not get it. Maybe tomorrow when my head has stopped hurting and I've decided you deserve some of my attention (not many of you do, for the record). Did I say head? I meant heart. No I didn't, I am stronger than that.

Only one of you will get a reply tonight (by which I mean, I already sent it) and that is because this was the easiest. It's not hard to yell at people, after all, and tell them their friend is horrible and regretted. It's a little harder to do so diplomatically, but I am a bright girl, with finesse. I can navigate these social mindtraps with a rose between my teeth (does that turn you on? A sexy image, I know).

I'm rambling. I know this too - I'll leave now.