Wednesday, September 01, 2004

...let's solve the world's problems...

He has a love affair with James Dean. I have a love affair with him.

And after 5 hours of straight talking before anything else began, I know it is not only chemistry, although it is the chemistry that will get me into trouble. Because there is still the girlfriend. The summer-in-Hungary girlfriend. The 6-days-of-the-week-in-Waterloo girlfriend. The comes-back-to-Toronto-next-Friday girlfriend. The girlfriend who is, quite obviously, not me.

I am not that girl, and he is not that guy (so we say) and yet we do what we do, and can't seem to stop. Don't think too much less of me, but I'm not even going to try.

My lips hurt, and my neck. Janet is not here and neither is her Parisian scarf - and with that go all my hopes of concealment tomorrow at the office. This is going to be a problem.