Tuesday, August 31, 2004

...swing...

tie me to a deeper moment
the fast paced song that too soon ends
a hand that even now descends
and leaves my skin
but leaves therein
a memory, a mark - footprint in wet cement

welcome to this deeper moment
deeper than an idle dance
baby, should i take this chance?
an errant kiss
a hit or miss
i wonder should i leave you there - insidious intent


Yesterday was absent. Absent sanity, absent work ethic, absent logic and security and knowledge and forebearance.

I spent a total of 11 hours at the office yesterday. For the first 8, I was scattered and dim, making mistakes, not concentrating, with this knot in my stomach that only began to go away after I spent 36 minutes (36 work minutes) on the phone with Tara. A knot that came back with a vengeance circa 7:45 when my cell phone rang and I saw the name flashing by the caller I.D.

Dalal: Maybe it's him!
Me: It's him.. (dropping everything and going outside).

The new developments:
- going out tonight
- don't know what to wear
- nervous like anything
- i need to be calm
- chill
- thrill
- will
- i will, i promise