Monday, August 30, 2004

...don't want to ride upon your tilt-a-whirls...

I think I may have to go to every single show that Matthew Barber has in Toronto from now on. I think it must be done this way. He is something of beautiful - and wants to "die on the cross for your sins, so that your soul can be saved". Beautiful.

What am I going to when Bridget goes back to Halifax on Tuesday? I need Bridget, you do NOT understand. Who is going to cool-ify me on an every day business. Through whose musician-kissing, late-night partying life will I vicariously live?

She says to live in a way that others will want to live vicariously through me. Well, I suppose I could do that... new plan: from now on I will be the girl who "gets up to no good". My weekend was a great start to that I guess. Maybe this is a plan.

Inna sent me a "just because" card. I enjoyed it. Thank you darling.

JANET IS BACK! She came over last night, there were screams, and hugs, and delicious dinner that we MADE and five hours of catching up. A lot happens in four months. She has ideas already, I could see the wheels turning in her artist's mind, decorating our place then and there. I'm going to let her go to it. The best thing about having an artist as a good friend and housemate (aside from the fact that she will make me a painting for my room) is that once she's done, our pad will be the coolest place in the world.

In something completely petty, I found out that Reb N. and the other girlies got an awesome place near Dundas, two floors. It will probably want to become known as the "coolest" of the off-campus houses of people we know. This will not be permitted. Yes?

Umm... what else can I tell you that you would want to know? I'm going to India next summer. It was supposed to be Kenya, but suddenly became India. Maybe we can do both. Hmm... we must sit down and discuss.

Also - I called last night, around 9:30. After a very large glass of wine and another smaller glass of Riesling icewine. Tara was right, it did help. I was quite calm and mellow. I could have fallen asleep right there at the phone. But I didn't. Left a message and now... we wait.