Monday, March 06, 2006

...flirting with impermissibility...

Today was about someone teasing me. It happened three times, all of them with a smile. Once, I pouted back, called him mean and said "I don't like you". To which he laughed, and said "yes you do". Which is true, and not good. But still true.

Does Nathan Phillips Square make its own ice? Because I want to go skating tomorrow, and the weather this weekend has been unseasonably warm. Fix this please.

Tonight was the Oscars with Sam and his friends - lots of fun. I love them all - the girls are funny and bright. Marjan was sweet to me, and Negar gave happylaughing commentary through the show, acerbic wit. The Oscars were a funny bit - I'm glad at George Clooney, and Philip Seymour Hoffman. I'm less thrilled about Reese Witherspoon. Her speech was unbelievably obnoxious. The rap song made me laugh - the comparison of their Oscar to Martin Scorcese's lack of one made me laugh harder. Crash made a happy ending. Brokeback Mountain was becoming too much, undeservedly. And so, another film year over.