Thursday, February 23, 2006

...william, it was really nothing...

Reminiscing in two minutes of perfect pop.

There are things that are so simple and mean so much - maybe it's someone wearing a shirt of brighter blue on dull Thursday. Or opening the pantry to find a hidden jar of hot chocolate powder. It's the details that make life soft and rich.

I'm watching Carolina Kostner skate in Olympic Primetime, and how beautiful she is gliding fast. She is tall and coltish, and lightning quick. She wants this Olympic so much that she is off-kilter and jittery, and her mistakes are starker for the tension. Can I ever relate. Today I wanted the boy in blue. Not even permanently, just a moment. Maybe a couple moments. Four days a week I just want to crack that smile. The rest?

I have it on my wall.