Saturday, February 12, 2005

...yes, i am an alien from mars...

You would think that maybe my first post since the vow of silence would be a happy one, filled with the elation of being able to speak again. Sorry to say but you're in for a rude awakening.

I promised pictures from the fire, and here they will be. I'm doing this mostly for myself, because I have this shocked, unbelievable need to share born from a) being devastated at what this has done to our home, and b) to hopefully show you what can happen when you aren't absolutely careful in the hopes no one else has to go through it.

But mostly just because I am shocked and need people to be shocked with me, and maybe cry a little bit because my house was beautiful, before.

On that note, pictures taken the day after the fire:

the kitchen

my brother's bathroom, upstairs

some of my mother's art

my piano

Pictures taken today, after the demolition/tear down work was completed:

the kitchen

the foyer stairs


There were happy things which have happened in the past few days, but right now I'm really sad and it seems to overshadow everything else. I'll write something cheerier tomorrow maybe, or the next day. Hope all is well, I feel out of touch with everyone this week.

Is everyone still there?