Tuesday, February 08, 2005

...chagall...

This is my last post until Friday afternoon -

As of tomorrow morning, I am participating in Journalists For Human Rights' campaign Speak Silence, and I will be staying silent (in all manners, not just vocal) until Friday. No phones, no MSN, no emails, no blogging until then. We are staying silent to acknowledge all victims of human rights abuses worldwide who cannot give voice to their oppression.

I emailed everyone who's email address I have memorized to ask that they please sponsor me in this campaign. I ask the rest of you as well to please sponsor me if you can. It's very easy, and can be done online with a credit card. Your donations will go to ensuring the future work of other students and journalists campaigning to stop human rights oppressions around the world.

JHR is collecting donations on my behalf until Friday at noon. Please go to their website, www.jhr.ca/schoolchapters and click on the Speak Silence link. From there you can click on "Sponsor a Participant" and search my name at University of Toronto.

Thank you so much in advance,

See you Friday,

Love, Sanam