Monday, February 07, 2005

...eye of the tiger is rising sun...

Dancing is best done uninhibited, when you are bound by no other thoughts and can let your body flow where it will. But in a social context in which I don't feel completely comfortable, I'm weighed by self-consciousness and can't get a rhythm out of myself if I tried. Which is why I spent most of the night on the couches in the back of the bar chatting with Kris and Sandi, Iman joining us in between songs.

We talked about opera believe it or not, the greatest proof that my colleagues, while dear, are all among the culturally pretentious. I suppose, given where we work, that this is a given. Other topics: theatre, families, the beauty that is G-SUP. Oh holiday staff party, what did you write?

Highlight of the night? Canned Heat by Jamiroquai, for which even I hightailed my fanny to the dancefloor, and tore it down with John.