Thursday, December 30, 2004

...i have these dreams of walking home...

Love hurts.

Seriously - whoever created that phrase wasn't talking about any of the injuries caused by the emotive aspects of love, but the full-body-ache-muscle-pains of it's physical manifestations. The fact that I got through 8 hours of work yesterday on my feet and walking around, especially since the hours between 2 and 6:30 overlapped with someone else's 8 hours of work - the fact that I got through it with grace and aplomb speaks very highly of my iron will. The Ice Queen-ness was also quite impressive. You ought to be pleased.

Notes:
i) Free the Children is donating 1 million dollars worth of medical supplies to the areas affected by this weekend's devastating tsunamis.
ii) Indian food is a good compensation for feeling miserable. Chocolate is an even better follow-up.
iii) I am hereafter allergic to the following: Italians, actors, misplaced and arrogantly timed quotations from old films, anything to do with the legal or engineering professions, and once and future bartenders.

Nick is coming home tonight! I couldn't find concert tickets so I have to miss that (sorry my love), but I am free for drinks afterwards? Possibly maybe?