Thursday, November 18, 2004

...Wayne's Social Movement Series...

It's funny that most of my movies will be returned without me ever having watched them. What a throw away of money. The explanation is simple really and understandable. I cracked and watched Devdas. And fell in love with it, so I'm just going to watch this one movie every night until they have to be returned. Oh my, so beautiful...

Maybe Sheida was right, maybe LIDHTL was my song after all - except not in the way she meant it. Originally it was because I was the girl who was too sad to give a fuck, but lately I'm not sad anymore and I give a fuck, and I grew up and out which is why now I read the lyrics and see them as a past existence. I don't think the written words are so pretty anymore, or that life is a storybook. But neither do I see it as an excuse to get hurt. Because if you think about it, it's when you see life as a storybook that you open yourself to the opportunity of being hurt. I mean, even in real life you outgrew story books way back when - so I'm out of the way-back-when, all the way-back-whens. Vous me comprenez bien?

oh my patient prisoner
you waited for this day
and finally...


Just relax, Jack - this has no bearing on your cool factor. You still da man, and all that. Just not to me.

What so you replaced him with an Italian?

No, nuh uh. The Italian is a sweet boy, mais c'est tout. I replaced him with a life -- and sadly, he's yet to find one. So sad, too bad ('member Inna?).

-- Earlier tonight i read an article in Now paper, the Love and Sex column. And it made me laugh. Then, I read it to Janet in comic, meaning-laden tones, and she laughed because she knew after the first paragraph, exactly what I was thinking and why. I love friends like that, who GET IT. It, you know?