Tuesday, November 30, 2004

...too early in the morning for this...

Buying groceries in Kensington yesterday I decided to amuse myself by counting how many people were audibly talking to themselves. Even discounting the people talking on their headset cell-phones, the number was 7.

The other night I came home to the flashing lights of a police car, fire truck and ambulance two doors down - my roommates standing in front of our house, saying how they had heard a woman screaming.

This morning waking up to the sounds of a twitching, aging chinese man knocking on my window, who then proceeded to fall asleep on our porch. Called the police, what a lovely start to the day.

Pat on back. Congratulating myself on finding such an... eclectic... neighbourhood in which to make our home. I wonder how long I can deal with this before running high-tail back to Bay/Bloor. We go on, we go on.