Monday, November 01, 2004

...i've been waiting this whole night...

Whenever Joe sent an email, he would sign it "peace, love, joe", invariably, just like that. You knew that this wasn't a trivial exercise in eloquence for him, but a matter of fact. Peace and love were the two strongest elements of Joe's personality and he wanted it for everyone, he loved all of us.

At the fundraiser yesterday, Jesse led everyone in a boom chicka boom, the hugest one we've ever done, in Joe's honour, and my heart was going to explode for love of this family and a shared grief. For three days I have been in a hazy stupor, feeling very helpless and very very confused. Yesterday helped to clear my head a little bit and push me into the next phase, which is living to celebrate Joe and his life, and spreading his words of love and life.

We are very lucky because none of us has any doubts about the amount of love that Joe had for us, and I know that he knew how much we loved him as well. I think the most important thing that I have to do is to make sure that the people I love know that I love them.

Peace,
Love,
Sanam