Wednesday, October 27, 2004

...i asked your name, you asked the time...

i) I spent 20 minutes trying to extrapolate myself from the chipped-paint, grimy-walled entrails of Wilson Hall. *Clearly* New College is the worst, most god-forsaken place in U of T.

ii) These three Persian girls in my bioethics class - I know one of them from parties and families and things. They always look down on me, constantly. I feel like I don't fit into some predecided view they have of what it means to be Persian, because I don't dye my hair, or wear predominantly black club clothes to class, or carry a Louis Vuitton or Gucci bag, or play dumb in class and pretend I don't understand things because it looks cute to question, and my daddy drives a Nissan instead of a "beh em veh".

To those girls, and the dozens of others like you I've known in my time - where the hell do you get off? I have such problems with this, honestly. Do you remember when Will would always tease Carlton in Fresh Prince, saying he wasn't black enough? That's how I feel. Just like that.

iii) Sunday is Halloween - we all know this. But do we also know that Sunday is the date of the Lone Star fajita fiesta fundraiser at the downtown location? $20 for all-you-can-eat fajitas, and all the proceeds to Free the Children. You should all come, those of you in Toronto. Email me for tix.

iv) I have an idea in my head to create pasta sauce. By tossing into a pot the following ingredients: cheese, milk, ketchup, salt and pepper, to taste.

What do you think?