Saturday, October 23, 2004

...it's the curse, you've been cursed...

The posing of a deep and philosophical question, with grave consequences. Come Tuesday night do I work on the Anthropology presentation I have to redo for Wednesday (the one I slept through), or pull another late night by going to see The Roots at Kool Haus, thus risking another sleep-in fiasco the next day?

It's close, I know - only for really pressing reasons can I justify missing The Roots. Esp. when I can get in free .The question is - how pressing is a paltry course in anthropology?

At Thymeless last night to see Wes's gig, Shannon greets me with "Hey, how are you?!" enthusiastically before launching into something so completely unexpected in the same breath, that made me effectively speechless for the audacity of it all. Eventually I managed a stunned "what?!" before moving on. Not necessarily angry, but it's unsettling to be reminded of something when you have no anticipation of it. I was not impressed.

I was impressed with Wes though - my first time seeing him spin. He's skill.

Last night I gave my best friend a run-down of Dating 101. He's cute when he's clueless. A-kheeeey!