Thursday, October 21, 2004

...give me an hour and I'll give you your dream...

i) "How to be a groupie by Lizzy and Sanam" (or alternately, "what not to say when a hot musician calls you")

There are times when being a student first and foremost is really just an inconvenience. Because someone, let's call him... Matt Masters, will call and say "Hey what are you lovely ladies up to tonight?" and we'll have to stay "studying at the library... because we're only 20... and still in school... try us on Thursday".

This is obviously not the best way to create our identities as folk music junkies and groupies extraordinaire. We'll have to try harder tomorrow night. I'm seeing the need for another all-night music romp through the city. The party starts at El Mo - and ends, wherever the vibe carries us.

ii) These mishaps you bubble wrap

Relating the latest news to Meliss on the way to Robarts.

"Hmm... what are we doing about this?" - she asks.

Good question. And - nothing. It was important I mention it, because for some reason that was still important. But, it didn't need anything more than that. Actually, it needed only that. The telling to Melissa, because she got it. And it's okay, because the rest of it didn't need to be said.

iii) To ride a wave on your inhaling

I want a reality worthy of an event with such cosmological significance as the Sox winning an ALCS pennent. The ticker-tape parades, the Disney cliches - a fairy tale on golden-gilt pages, my life.

I don't want a wasted analogy, discarded parallels.

I had lyrics for you, too, but they were too strong for me. Maybe another time.

iv) Yes hello - we're back and we're taking questions. Now what was the question?

This could be a poem. Poetic, floetic -

When you're so tired, you're full of energy and incoherence... that's where I am. Not energy either, but nervous laughter. But the incoherence, that was right.

It's enough, time to go. Time to sleep, and then, with my luck, sleep in through another 10am class.