Tuesday, October 19, 2004

...oh it's so amazing here...

The once-red tree in Queen's park is naked. Now, all the trees around it are glowing red and orange. Always a step ahead of everyone.

I've reached the point where I can survive on one-ish meals a day and copious amounts of Gatorade and/or coffee. It is alternately incredibly unhealthy and undeniably productive. Today I'm a utilitarian, and I say that my basic-electrolyte, high-caffeine existence may leave me on the fringe of general health, but is cheaper and provides more energy/adrenaline than, you know, food and stuff. What this is means is I work more, sleep less, spend less and so will get more done and go on to do great things in the world and as such, increase global utility around me? Yeah. Something like that.

I want a tangible, proactive, and in-my-favour solution to a problem which seems to have none. A problem which has me tied up nicely in a totally paralytic manner, hands bound and running on instinct. And nerve, oh boy the nerve. It's like, moxie or something.

In other news, me and the staff at U of T Health Services are now on a first-name basis. I chatted with the lab nurse about movies and she forewent the regular instruction/warnings/disclaimers, because let's face it, by now I know'em all and she knows it. Let's talk about how my body is not LISTENING to me. And here we go into round 3 of treatment. This time it's a SUPER antibiotic. I am skeptical as to it's super ability, but hey, I'm an optimist, bring it on.

FUCK FUCK FUCK - why am I an optimist? Such a no-good way to be, when they're all against you.

*bangs head on wall*