Saturday, October 16, 2004

...you hear me cry, i'll shake you from your sleep...

Sandalwood is not conducive to studying, I'll tell you that straight up. It's more appropriate for a dim room, candles burning. If you were here I would do a hundred million things, none of them in my nature. Except that they could be. Maybe it would involve... Maybe -

My life is a collection of scattered moments, vaguely sequenced by a common thread. Somewhere in all of it, I was only ever searching for tenderness, following the sensation (any sensation) to its end.

There has to be more than this superficial existence, a greater depth. If there's one thing I've learned is to have faith in that. So I do - but why am I the only one diving?

1.53 months. A split second, split everything.

Perched on top of my CD tower is a floppy-brim black straw hat. In the night, I wake up in the dark and in it, I see the silhouette of a figure watching me. You would think it would scare me, but it's a comforting presence. An empty presence, because in the end it's just a CD tower. But I'm still more glad that it is there than not.


You were thinking of me at the same exact instant that I was thinking of you. Isn't that funny?