Thursday, October 21, 2004

...caress that dissonance (if you dare)...

Mmm... nothing like the exhaustion that comes from stimulating classes and a challenging job. Official Day 1 was today and I love it. This is such a more challenging and intriguing job than my past/current one. And I just realised today how insane it is to work 20-25 hours a week at two jobs, and be in school full time. I am clearly off my rocker. Plus, the hours that aren't taken by that are taken by shows and pretty drummer boys who put me on their guest lists for nights like tonight, and eating out and drinking when I said I wouldn't and being generally out of trees. The catch? Sleep. As in, not having any. And a pervasively horrible mentality that class is optional, and sleeping in through the morning ones (which are nearly every day). So dangerous, this new me. A much happier me, but clearly self-destructive. How funny, that correlation.

The problem with M - He, like Kerry, has trouble picking a side to support, and it seems he is forever changing. Also, he is only ever supporting the winners. When the Leafs were winning last year it was the "Leafs for Life", then the "Sens 4 Life", and now I see "Never lost the faith - Bos.Sox for life". I hate that - I need people with opinions. And people with not the always popular opinion.

I'm so mean - I am too critical of him, really I am. But I mean, you know what I mean; which is I guess what it didn't happen.

The thing about standing your ground is that you get tired of waiting and want to sit down but if you do, you kind of... lose. So you have to stick it out, because you know you're right, so I'm sticking it out because I *am* right, but god help you if you don't do the right thing, because I will throw pie in your face. Or something.