Thursday, October 28, 2004

...life's no storybook...

I thought I knew the drill down pat - I figured, hey, with the practise I have, there won't be any curve balls coming at me. Quick appointment, half-hour labwork, new round of antibiotics (I even won a bet - predicted Cipro), and boom boom I'd be out of there by 10.

No such luck, as you can see by the fact that it is now almost noon. Apparently, medical practitioners see things that I don't, because all of a sudden she's talking about ultrasounds and scans and all business of matters and before you know it I've bought myself a 2-day stint at Women's College (or as I like to refer to it, Hell) for monitoring and what have you.

It would appear that I was mistaken - no woman can be a superwoman. When juggling full-time school, 2.5 part time jobs, and a semblance of a social life, making little-to-know time for keeping the health business together hoping it will take care of itself... well, something gave and it's my kidney. Still? Seriously, I am so tired of this.

The question now is do I have 2 days to delegate to this, and the answer is, not really. Seriously, I'm working everyday until Monday that I know of, so unless we can make time stop for a while, this is going to be a bitch to fit in. And I hate that it must be made time for. Such a fucking imposition. I hate I hate I hate my body who obviously hates me.