Tuesday, November 30, 2004

...i'm handi-capable too...

i) There was a brawny man of mans in my law class today, and he kept Katie and I entertained through the discussions of the Brodie case, and the Butler decision. Don't ask me what any of these means because I don't know -- I was being entertained by the man of mans instead of listening.

So he's eating Doritos, and then next thing I know he upturns the bag and starts pouring the chips into his mouth. Takes a huge gulp of coke from a can, and burps. At the break, stands and, with a blue cardigan draped over his shoulders, glances around the class flashing his pearly whites. He sees a friend in the back row and smiles broadly, winks and does the thing with the gun-finger.

We lose it at this point, can't even keep a rein on our laughter. I fall back against my chair, mocking a swooning faint and cry "take me" to Katie. His friend looks over and happens to catch on to our bemusement. He glares, which makes us laugh even harder.

I wanted to tell him not to bother with these law classes, to go back to his cave and draw on walls. Or something.

ii) I think I have to hold my tongue in certain debates. It's incredibly wearing to attempt debating with the emotionally invested -- pride has tinted shades, and all of that. They can't really see what's in front of them.

iii) Catching glimpses of the news as I'm working on my law essay, I see the news brief which talks about investigative journalists publishing a new report which says that Bush's war on terror is actually increasing extremism around the world and has and will inevitably give rise to further incidents of terroristic violence against the Western world.

If that isn't the most obvious piece of information ever, I don't know what is. I'm sorry, which of you brain-trusts in the American administration didn't see this coming?

I'm frustrated by inherent stupidity. I want to make a giant filter of stupid-catching and when I meet new people, I'll throw them in and if they survive, then I'll deal with them. But not before. And then I'll take all the left over stupid residue and throw it in Switzerland, because those jerks are all too smart for their own good. They need a dose of stupidity to bring them down to the level of the rest of the world.

iv) There is a lemur hanging from our lamp. It is cute. And huggable.