Sunday, August 01, 2004

...in his right hand he held a golden trumpet...

"There is no love ", he said, "there is only science".

The context as a whole eludes me at the moment, but when he said it was so logical. Except we weren't talking about love at all, but a friend's parent's depression and how it will pass because everyone has sad bits, and it is only science and logic. And then there was the quote.

This was Steve by the way, this conversation. The conversation of Steve. The conversation by Steve in the bar where Steve works. We like Steve.

Because I am who I am, and ups/downs are what I do - I will explain that today was as amazing a day as yesterday was horrid. Today there was Harbourfront with M. Day, and we were joined a couple of hours later by my Derelit and sideburn-less Mark. Me and my boys in the front of the harbour. Me and my towering boys, because at 6 feet, 6'4 and 6'4 respectively, they tower over my 5 foot self. Even in my platform flip-flops.

Post-waters edge, we walked uptown to my new "hot babe lair" (as Martha calls it), to show the guys the place. They agreed that it is quite possibly the coolest house ever. The day of the housewarming party has been set, and yes. We are excited.

Eventually we had to take Derek and Mark to the bus station, as they were both leaving me today. Damn them all. It was at this point that M. Day and I headed down to Summerhill and the bar of Steve. Killed time there, fun talks and walks and Pepsi (not coke), and laughing and no bad thoughts. Whee!

Tomorrow there will be painting and cleaning of the house. This weekend there will be more painting and moving into the house. And Kristen will be here! Way past due, I get my Kristen fix three months gone.

See? It didn't have to be everything. Good things are stronger and overcome. Overcome! It was overcame.

In something somewhat related but only just, M. Day is far too perceptive for my own good. Sometimes people like this worry me because they know too much and I do not like too much of me to be known. I speak of personal "nature of Sanam" ways and not facts of day-to-day existence, because you all know everything about me in that sense (which is no sense at all, really).

The point is he picked up on things because of wordage and some comments earlier, and I didn't think I was so visible like that, and oh I have to be so careful now, because he knows my favorite poem you see, and if he thought about it, the things he could learn because the significance is there only waiting to be realised. It's such a dualistic scheme too. Of opposites and parallels and similarities despite it all.

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz, or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul...