Wednesday, July 28, 2004

...could this be communist earth science...

so that the clam could eat me? 'Member Sheida? - yeah.

Where to begin? The day began as every other. Wake, shower, wrestle with hair and force it to comply per my instructions, pack lunch, catch bus, breathe.

Normal enough, and so good. But as the day went on, the frustrations began and disappointments, and now it's 7pm and I am replete with ennuie and overwhelmed with decisions to be made and things to be done and people who have to be a) scheduled, and b) avoided, respectively.

Naturally, this resulted in headaches. Added to other aches (for which Bextra did marvelous things, but led to drowsiness).

Add to that, general malaise and the uncomfortable thought that everything I own makes me look fat (it's been one of those days) and I came to the understanding that I want to burrow away in a hole and hide for a little while. On that note, would anyone be terribly upset if I bailed on the MHR on Saturday? Please?

Well even if you wouldn't mind, I'm going anyway. If only for the fact that the Derelit is coming to Toronto, and it is an occasion not to be missed, even for my insecurities and discomfiture and the prevalent feeling that I would just so much prefer to not acknowledge or attend, but like I said, I will. So... I will. And... fine. If I must.

But I plan to have three days of nausea in the wake of the event, and leading to, and following. If that is alright with everyone, we may proceed. And by "proceed" I mean "end" because I have nothing more to say.

Goodbye.