Saturday, July 24, 2004

...a resentful attack bred of economic concerns...

My brother is essentially the root of all evil. Let's talk about how he hasn't worked a day all summer, is going to an out of province university next year with not a whole lot in scholarship money, and is doing nothing about it. So essentially he is putting all this like an albatross around my parents neck.

I worked all summer last year, and paid for all my entertainment and groceries and purchases. My tuition was fully paid for by scholarship money, as well as part of my residence fees with the remainder, which left my parents paying just for the balance of the residence fees. This year, I worked full time all summer, again, as well as side babysitting jobs - I am paying for rent next year, and all other purchases. Tuition is again covered, as well as books, so my parents are just chipping in for rent if I end up needing help at some point.

I  just really resent my brother's inherent selfishness, that he isn't even considering that he is leaving my parents to completely support him. He has no concept of money, or responsibility at all. Just spends his days around the house bumming around or doing lord knows what, playing card and computer games with his loser friends. Not so much that he is a delinquent - he got past that phase. More like a self-chosen n'er do well. And yet, his girlfriend is a brilliant, high achiever. Talk about things I don't understand.

On a totally different point - there are some romantic attachments and attractions I just do NOT understand. But this is not a new argument, or a particularly interesting one. So I'm done.

Resume your regularly scheduled lives.