Monday, July 26, 2004

..and one day we will be french...

Me: Ugh.. I need to figure out what to wear for Saturday. Can I run it by you first?
Farnam: Of course, I love fashion analysis.
Me: This is more than fashion analysis. This is fashion analysis with subtext.

I didn't go to work today and I lost all sense of time. Disconcertingly, it was 48 hours of Sunday and I didn't even change out of my pyjamas this morning. It was course selection day (dum dum dum), so I perched in front of my computer, all day, hands at the ready on the keyboard, ready to whip through my courses. I managed to secure all but one.

In this temporal flux, there was no plan but to sit in PJ's all day, possible clean my room, play piano and eat ice cream. But in the real world, it was Monday and I was supposed to be at Deanna's for 9:10 to go play bingo. I completely forgot, and it was only when the ringing of the phone interrupted my Moonlight Sonata at 9:37 that I remembered. So here I am before you, the ultimate uncool because I forgot Deanna, bingo, and Monday, marvelous Monday.

So apologies x10 to Deanna.

And to Monday (even though we all hate Monday, not even secretly).

PS: We never actually got around to cleaning the room.